MELBOURNE CARGO FREIGHT
- Goods must be clearly marked with Receiver’s Name and KING ISLAND. Where possible all freight should be strapped to a pallet. Freight does not need to be booked in with Searoad or Currie Cargoes prior to delivery to SeaRoad Logistics.
- Access to the SeaRoad Logistics depot will require the delivery person to wear their own high visibility safety vest and complete a driver entry checklist which includes a short induction, this can completed online https://bit.ly/36tknxz (this will last two years).
- A consignment note stating sender, receiver, measurements and a description of the freight will need to be filled in on delivery. These are available at SeaRoad Logistics.
- Freight should be delivered to SeaRoad Logistics before 12 noon Thursdays to sail the following week from Melbourne via Devonport. Freight can take up to 10 days from leaving Melbourne to when it arrives on King Island. The ship arrives on King Island on a Tuesday and depending on the amount of freight we are receiving it can take up to Friday before everything is unloaded.
- Fragile items, freight over 1.20m long and hazardous goods may not be shipped every week. Additional charges and conditions apply for freight over 6.1 metres long. Please enquire at our agent’s office Jim McKenzie Agencies regarding shipment of these items.
- Please contact the office for current freight rates. Phone 03 64 621 415.
- Freight cost includes delivery (within reason) in the Currie area.
- If the goods to be shipped are classed as hazardous additional charges per consignment will apply. A completed Multimodal Dangerous Goods Declaration Form-AMSA250 and an Emergency Procedure Guide applicable to the product must be presented with the freight.
- Freight charges are payable directly to Currie Cargoes at our Currie office and will need to be paid before freight will be released at the Currie depot unless you have a current credit account.
- Pick up from business houses in the Melbourne metropolitan area can be arranged. Prices based on normal 1.2 x 1.2 size pallet. Ring our Agent Jim McKenzie Agencies on (03) 64621415 to arrange the pickup.
CUSTOMERS ARE REMINDED THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO INSURE YOUR GOODS
NO CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES WILL BE RECOGNISED BY THIS COMPANY
Prices are subject to change without notice. For further enquiries contact Jim McKenzie Agencies