DEVONPORT - CARS, TRACTORS AND MOBILES
- The ship will depart from Grassy on a Tuesday and unload in Devonport on Wednesday each week.
- Cars must be dropped off at Grassy Port Monday to Friday 8am to 3pm or on ship day - Tuesday morning between 8 - 9 am.
- All vehicle keys need to be supplied to allow Biosecurity access to your vehicle.
- Cars being shipped from Devonport will sail Monday and will arrive at Grassy on Tuesday (weather permitting)
- The booking Agents will need the actual length, width and height of the vehicle to complete a booking.
- Cars are containerised for shipping, the maximum car dimensions to fit into a container are: length 5.50m, 2.0m wide and 2.40 high. Cars outside of these dimensions will be deck stowed on the John Duigan.
- Ring TasPorts at the Grassy Port – 6461 1155 to confirm the day and times for collection of vehicles being shipped from Devonport.
- Payment must be made before the car is shipped and can be Cash or EFTPOS. Personal cheques will not be accepted. Payment can be made at Jim McKenzie Agencies, Currie or Tasmanian Cargo Services, Burnie.
- Cars will not be accepted or released at Grassy or Devonport wharf unless a consignment note is shown.
- Bass Island Line offer travellers a Tourist Rate fare whereby a free return is available. Conditions are:
- Valid flight booking details must be given to qualify.
- The return trip must be completed 3 months from the first trip.
- If a different car is returned, on the free return leg, an additional surcharge will apply of $342.49 inclusive.
- Commercial, laden vehicles or business cars do not qualify for the Tourist Rate.
- Government equalisation rebate does not apply to cars travelling to or from Devonport.
UNLADEN VEHICLE RATES
|Unladen Vehicle Rates - up to 1.8 m high||Fare Including Wharfage|
|One Way Vehicle||$892.42|
|Tourist Rate Return Trip same car (within 3 months)||$1,044.53|
Wharfage is included in the above rates of $54.85 each time the car moves onto a wharf.
All prices quoted are Inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice.
Current for the month of July 2023.