- Horses are shipped from King Island to Devonport or Devonport to King Island.
- Bass Island Line does not ship horses from Melbourne. Empty floats can be shipped to Melbourne but will be lifted off with a Crane.
- Horses are loaded ex-King Island on Sunday’s. Customer must have paperwork with them.
- Customers must ring TasPorts on King Island 03 6461 1155 or Tas Cargo services at Devonport 03 6432 2990 prior to the horse travelling to confirm the ship is taking horses and what time to deliver the horse to the wharf.
- Empty Horse Floats must be at the Grassy wharf before 10 am on Friday.
- Customers must supply their own float. Customers who don’t have their own float can contact Neale Burgess, King Island on 03 6461 1344.
- Freight is payable for each horse and the float must do a round trip. A refundable bond is payable if shipping an empty float. See charges below. Payment must be made before the horse is shipped and can be Cash or EFTPOS. Cheques will not be accepted.
- A Livestock Declaration must be completed and presented with a con note at the wharf when dropping off horses. The ship will not accept horses without the completed documentation.
- All floats must be clean and free of dirt and weeds as floats can be quarantined by AQIS and incur a cleaning fee before being released.
- They must be in good condition and have a working jockey wheel.
It is important to contact Tas Cargo Services on 03 6432 2990 email@example.com and Book the Empty Float back to King Island. This will not happen automatically.
$325.60 Freight per Horse plus
$173.40 Wharfage - covers Grassy, Devonport, Devonport, Grassy ($43.35 per wharf) includes the empty float return. Total $499.00
1121.80 Empty Horse Float Bond - Freight and two wharfages
S & M Transport Tas & Vic - Steven & Marni: 0408 102 528
Tas Horse Transport, Tas & Vic - Ginetta & Hayley: 03 6496 1777 or 0428 141 419
Bass Straight Horse Transport, Tas & Vic - Vern Poke: 03 6423 6229 or 0428 140 643
Paula Porter, Cranbourne, Vic 0484 607 470
RnV Horse Transport, Rodney Gee, Tas & Vic - Rod: 0458 782 558